For this behavior I wouldn't need in-app billing. I just present the user a
dialog to enter the code and if it's correct I make the app a premium version.
Therefore the user would need to remember the promo code if he wants to install
the app on another device or deinstall/reinstall it.

I need something that remembers that this user unlocked the premium version and
will do so for future installs. And I don't want to implement my own web
service that stores user accounts that unlocked the premium version.

Am 20.02.2013 um 15:51 schrieb Nikolay Elenkov <nikolay.elen...@gmail.com>:

> On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 11:41 PM, Sandro Stricker
> <stsandr...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> I thought so too, but as far as I know you can't set the code for the
>> promotion yourself. And you can't set the price to $0.
>>
>> Or can you do that with in-app billing. Did I miss something?
>>

> With in-app billing, you just need to flip a switch in the app
> in order to enable extra features/levels, etc. Whether you
> trigger this when you receive payment confirmation or your
> own promo code, the result is the same. There is no need
> to change the price, etc. Note that there is no official way
> to do promo codes, so you can implement whatever you
> want.

> ---
> "Android Developers" group.
> email to android-developers+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.