In addition to what Mark says: I had a similar problem with my Nexus tablet
after the upgrade to 4.2.2. It was visible but any attempt at installing
and launching or debugging an app silently failed - no error message at all.

As Mark's linked articles says, your device will pop up a dialog that asks
for permission for that USB debugging access from your development PC.
Unfortunately that popup was hidden to me because I created multiple user
accounts on my tablet and the currently active account was not the "main
account" that is apparently allowed to make these tough decisions. When I
switched to the main account I could finally see that dialog. Surprise,
surprise.

On Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:06:02 AM UTC-6, alexdonnini wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Unfortunately, I foolishly proceeded with the upgrade of my nexus 4 from
> 4.2.1 to 4.2.2
>
> Now, even though the device is configured for USB debugging and connected
> as a camera device, although it sees it Eclipse cannot access it as the
> device is reported to be offline.
>
> Does anyone have any information about this problem, ways to resolve it,
> or experienced the same problem?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> If the problem is known and unnsolved, could anyone let me know how I can
> downgrade back to 4.2.1?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alex Donnini

---