On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 8:47 AM, Matt M <matthew.mag...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I made an application (for work, not for public use) that constantly runs
> a bluetooth scan to detect any nearby devices. The next phase of the
> application was to connect a few android

BT and Wi-Fi do interfere with each other and the firmwares on most devices
uses various techniques to avoid problems with this coex.

Running a  constant bluetooth scan is not a good idea - you may want to
revisit that and see how you can minimize the scans.

Do you see a drop everytime you do a single bluetooth scan ? What device is
this ?

>  devices together so that could share the data they receive, to do this we
> purchased 3 Samsung Tabs to connect them via WiFi Direct.
>
> The problem is the WiFi Direct connections ALWAYS drop when my application
> is running (specifically running the bluetooth scan). When I do not run the
> bluetooth scan the WiFi Direct connections have not disconnected.
>
> Does anyone have any information that could help me here? Am I just out of
> luck and a bluetooth scan will always cause a WiFi Direct disconnect?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Matt.

> ---
> "Android Developers" group.