On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 12:48 PM, JavaSrvcs <jvsr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to write an app that will do the following when run:
>
>  remove a device administrator  (manually on the device can go to
> Settings->Security->Device Administrators) and uncheck

This is not possible via the SDK. The user is welcome to uncheck that
checkbox manually.

> Applications->clear cache

There's a hook for that somewhere, though I forget where off the top
of my head.

> drop/clear all application data

This is not possible via the SDK. Moreover, it is not necessary if you
are going to remove the application.

> force stop the application

This is not possible via the SDK. Moreover, it is not necessary if you
are going to remove the application.

> then remove the application

You can begin an uninstall from the SDK via startActivity() and an
appropriate UNINSTALL Intent, but the user has to be involved in the
process.

> I then want to download and re-install the application (from Google Play or
> a direct url to a .apk that I have).

You can download and begin an install from the SDK via startActivity()
and an Intent with the proper Uri (and MIME type for a local APK
file), but the user has to be involved in the process.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_The Busy Coder's Guide to Android Development_ Version 4.6 Available!

---
"Android Developers" group.