I am finding the same problem in my Kindle tablet. While typing 1st letter
its not showing and after that from 2d to 8th letter its showing and there
after it is not showing.

This issue happens with the edittext of some activities. Some other
Activities are having the edittext with same attribute, but thos are not
having this problem.

Can you please help, how you solved it?

On Saturday, 14 May 2011 01:54:31 UTC+5:30, Ben S wrote:

> Basically what happens is I will start typing on the keyboard (stock
> and third party), and all of a sudden it stops showing characters I
> type in the EditText, (sometimes) resets the caret to the beginning,
> yet I know I'm still typing because the suggestions box shows the
> characters as I type.  I've experienced the behavior on at least 5
> different devices (running 2.2, 2.3) as well as the emulator (running
> 2.1) but can't seem to nail down a solution.
>
> It is seemingly random; I'm not reading any error logs through DDMS
> from the system, (the only thing I see being written :sometimes: is
> WARN/IInputConnectionWrapper(991): endBatchEdit on inactive
> InputConnection) so I'm a little baffled.
>
> Here is what it looks like: http://i.stack.imgur.com/gsB49.png
>
> Here is the XML layout of the EditText:
>
>     <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
>     <LinearLayout xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/
> android"
>         android:orientation="vertical"
>         android:layout_width="fill_parent"
>         android:layout_height="fill_parent">
>
>         <ListView android:id="@android:id/list"
>             android:layout_width="fill_parent"
>             android:layout_height="wrap_content"
>             android:layout_weight="1"
>             android:transcriptMode="alwaysScroll"/>
>
>         <EditText android:id="@+id/etMain"
>             android:layout_width="fill_parent"
>             android:layout_height="wrap_content"
>             android:inputType="text|textAutoCorrect"
>             android:imeOptions="actionSend">
>                     <requestFocus />
>             </EditText>
>     </LinearLayout>
>

> And here is my code from the Activity:
>
>         et = (EditText) findViewById(R.id.etMain);
>
>         et.setOnEditorActionListener(new OnEditorActionListener() {
>                 @Override
>                         public boolean onEditorAction(TextView v, int
> actionId, KeyEvent
> event) {
>                         if ((event != null && (event.getKeyCode() ==
> KeyEvent.KEYCODE_ENTER)) || actionId == EditorInfo.IME_ACTION_SEND) {
>                                         String sendText =
> v.getText().toString();
>
>                                         if (sendText.length() > 0) {
>                                                 v.setText("");

>                                         return true;
>                                 }
>
>                                 return false;
>                         }
>         });
>

> Appreciate any insights...let me know if you need anything else...
>
> Ben

---
"Android Developers" group.