Hi Developers,
    I have an background service which connects my server with a TCP
connection.
    My background service sends a ping packet to my server every 4minutes
to keep the socket alive.
   The problem is that the device can not get the packet from the server
after a short time(3 seconds from my test) after the ping is sent.
   This app works fine on other networks(AT&T, verizon).

   The strange thing is that if I force the device to connect to 3G(EVDO
revision A), it works fine.

   It seems to me that, on Sprint 4G network, when an app sends a packet
through a tcp socket, and then the socket is idle for
several seconds, then the app will never be able to receive packets from
this socket.

   I don't think it's related to the 4G signal, since this issue can be
reproduced every time.

   Any suggestions?

---
"Android Developers" group.