>From the command line, you can build with --info and check the parameters
sent to dex to make sure all the required jars are there.

Your setup does look correct though so I'm not sure what is wrong.

On Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 10:16 AM, rmz76 <jeremy.de...@gmail.com> wrote:

> A have a new project in Android Studio that's referencing Infragistics
> free iguana ui controls for Android. These are distributed in JAR files.
> All of there samples were built in Eclipse and when I open those samples in
> Android Studio they work fine, but working with a new Android Studio
> project is a bit different than using an Eclipse project. When Gradle is
> involved this isn't working.
>
> The required JAR files have been copied into the \libs folder. The library
> path set in Project Structure settings and I've added the new package files
> to my Gradle config
>
> *dependencies {*
> *    compile files('libs/android-support-v4.jar')*
> *    compile files('libs/common.jar')*
> *    compile files('libs/datachart.jar')*
> *}*
>
> According to what I've read this should be enough, yet when I try to start
> the Activity that's using the third-party controls and I see their
> signature error message in the subject of this post followed by "Could not
> find class 'com.iguanaui.controls.DataChart', referenced from method
> com.bigtrax.pingcompare.LineSeriesActivity.createChart"
>

> How can I ensure that the third-party JAR files are being exported to
> device with Android Studio? In Eclipse the solution was to make sure the
> JAR files were int he \libs folder an not the \lib or \library folder, but
> this structure does not apply to Android Studio. The JAR files are in the
> \libs and \libraries folder (under .idea directory) and it's the only place
> they can go. Everything builds without error and deploys. Does anything
> else need to be done with the XML files in the .idea directory or
> settings.gradle to support this, what about the projects .iml?
>
> Thanks!
>

>  --
> ---
> "Android Developers" group.
> email to android-developers+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.

Xavier Ducrohet
Android SDK Tech Lead
Google Inc.
http://developer.android.com | http://tools.android.com

Please do not send me questions directly. Thanks!

---
"Android Developers" group.