Once you enable third-party app installation on the phone (Settings), you
can then set up your apache server with the proper mime type.  Then just
point your phone browser to something like
http://yourserver/yourdirectory/yourapp.apk

Here's how to set up the server:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3569313/cant-install-apk-hosted-my-own-apache-server

On Saturday, October 5, 2013 10:26:11 PM UTC-7, Pankaj Deshpande wrote:

> Hi,
> I want to put an application on my website that can be downloaded through
> android mobile only. I want to provide an url to download the app with some
> credentials and dont want to put the app on android market. This app will
> be for private circulation only. So I don't wish to upload it on android
> market. So, is it possible and feasible? If yes, how can I achieve this?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Pankaj Deshpande.

---
"Android Developers" group.