The quick solution is to check, on the onResume of your activity, if the
data is null, and if it's null, restart everything. There are other, better
ways, but that's the quickest one to code.

If you want to find better options, Google about activity life cycle and
specially recreation of activities.

Marina

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 2:47 PM, Abhilash Baddam <
abhilash.androiddevelo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In my activity there are two spinners,listview and a button GO.
> When the user select the options from the spinners and he clicks on GO
> button there is a server request.
> whatever the response comes from server i am displaying that data in
> listview...
> Once the data displayed, if the user keep the app in background by
> pressing home..after sometime if the user again comes back to the screen
> i am getting null pointer exception as the data or object passed to the
> listview adapter is getting null.
> Seems System is garbage collected the data... How can I overcome this
> situation.
>
> Can anyone help me on this...

> ---
> "Android Developers" group.