I have a requirement of changing the keyboard based on the change of
language.

I have done a bit of research and found that it can be done using these APIs

   1. InputMethodManager setInputMethod(android.os.IBinder,
   java.lang.String)
   2. InputMethodService switchInputMethod(java.lang.String)

For the 1st API, I need an *IBinder token* which can be taken from
*InputMethodService* instance by calling

mInputMethodService.getWindow().getWindow().getAttributes().token

or if I have the reference to *InputMethodService* object I can simply call

mInputMethodService.switchInputMethod(id)

to change the input method.

*The real problem is how do I get a reference to InputMethodService object.*

*PS:* I don't want to use InputMethodManager's showInputMethodPicker()
because for my requirement I want to change it from my existing dialog
which has a list of languages.

I know that this is not possible for a user app but not sure if it's also
not possible for a system app or not.

---
"Android Developers" group.