Why not use the standard Android notification system?

Regarding plugins, I found useful this talk from Mark Murphy, since I'm
working too in a plugin architecture for one of my apps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu8Z_3TaWuE

Hope this helps

Cheers,

José
https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Jos%C3%A9+Gonz%C3%A1lez+D%27Amico

El viernes, 17 de enero de 2014 23:44:39 UTC-3, Glenn Powell escribió:

> We are building a plugin library, which will be integrated into
> third-party applications.  It requires the ability to show Toast-like
> notifications, which when tapped, will open our fullscreen widget Dialog.
>
> From my research it appears that Toasts were designed to explicitly ignore
> any touch input.  The next best option seems to be one of either a
> PopupWindow, a Fragment, another Dialog with a transparent background, or
> about 25 different solutions.  We don't want to trap touches on the
> entire screen, only over our notification popup.
>
> I am new to Android, so I'm curious to learn what the optimal solution
> would be.  I have seen other plugin integrations do similar things, so I
> think there is probably an obvious way to tackle this.  If you've
> implemented something like this, can you please give us some pointers?
>  Thanks.

---
"Android Developers" group.