I don't see any clause in the Developer Distribution Agreement against
subscriptions. Especially, in this case, the user is buying 4 apps with
different package names (one for each quarter of the year). As far as the
market is concerned, there are 4 different apps.

I think the carrier will just be happier as long as the revenue keeps
coming. It's only if you get paid for the app in an alternative store,
they'd be mad.