I replied to this in the other thread, but if you want to explicitly
reference a component from one package that is in another, you need to
explicitly build the ComponentName of both the package and class name of the
target.  The shorthand new Intent(this, ...) creates ComponentName objects
whose package is your own -- it is only for references components in your
own package.

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer

provide private support.  All such questions should be posted on public
forums, where I and others can see and answer them.