Hello,

Here at our company we use Robolectric + PowerMock + Mockito for Unit Tests
and works really fine. It's fast and don't need the emulator or device to
run the tests. I think you should check this out. Of course, still somehow
slow to build (due the gradle build), but the run of tests should be very
fast.

--
Paulo Morandi

On Wednesday, November 4, 2015 at 12:53:07 PM UTC-2, Streets Of Boston
wrote:

> I never found TDD easy, or even feasible, using Android Studio or even
> Eclipse.
>
> Most projects' builds take too long to to TDD effectively. If you can't
> check your code and run your TDD tests within a few seconds of hitting the
> 'run-tests' button, it is useless... alas....
>

> On Tuesday, November 3, 2015 at 10:11:47 AM UTC-5, Brill Pappin wrote:
>>
>> I've just filed a bug for Android Studio about how useless the unit
>> testing is.
>> It can take over a minute to execute a single test, which means you can't
>> easily use it for verifying your code, and it makes it impossible for those
>> of us who use TDD regularly.
>>
>> Anyone else who finds this annoying, I would appreciate you giving the
>> issue some love, in the hopes that it gets some attention:
>>
>> https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=192585
>>
>> - Brill

---
"Android Developers" group.