I'm building a Google Play Services multiplayer game in unity with the
Google API and testing it on one physical device and one emulated device
using Android Virtual Devices that came with the SDK. Everything was
working great until I upgraded my Google Play Service API for unity which
now uses Google Play Services 9 instead of 8.7. My physical phone works
however my emulated device says I need the latest version of Google Play
Games. I can't download it through the phone since the emulated image
doesn't have the Google Play Store.

Is there a Google API System Image that has the Google Play Services 9 and
the updated Google Play Games?

I tried to manually push the latest the APK of Google Play Games to the
emulated device but now it complains that google play games needs the
latest Google Play Services. I tried to push the latest google play
services but the console command fails and says that the Google Play
Service 9 APK is not compatible. Any help here is much appreciated.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-developers/70fb509d-75ed-4514-a7e3-3ea3909cc7d8%40googlegroups.com.