I am very deperate: After my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 updated to Android
6.0.1., my application (written in Java - Android Studio and running since
Android 3.3) no longer can access data on the external sd-card.

I manage to address internal sd-card via  "System.getenv("EXTERNAL_STORAGE")"
but alas on the web so far I found no path working with the external
sd-card.

Of course I have no problem to read/write external sd-card via
file-explorer.

I would be very grateful for any help,
thanks a lot in advance
Susanne