The user needs to be registered as beta/alpha user for your Account --not
your app-- at the Google Play Developer Console to avoid getting charged.
Here is the link to the docs:
https://developer.android.com/google/play/billing/billing_admin.html#billing-testing-setup
When you try to buy an item or subscription, the Google Play popup you see
says it's a test buy. If it doesn't say that, just don't buy it: you're not
on a test account and the purchase will be real. You won't get a refund
unless you contact support and you're also pretty lucky.

Marina

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-developers/CACaNmX3r2QVu7TmU8boT6wTaisn4RW2%2B3tgeTSS%3DonQk09KzTg%40mail.gmail.com.