I'm taking it as you will create not only your app but also some kind of
library that third party apps could implement on their side to get and use
your data.

Other than those options you mentioned, I guess you could use a UDP server
on your app and a client on the library side.

Marina

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-developers/CACaNmX0PBscN%2BsT22U6HLFvVr7fGTrkJqZfmi8TPhjuXAOWQUw%40mail.gmail.com.