Actually, progress dialog will kind of blocking your UI thread. So
yes, for Android, using handler to post a message to UI thread is one
of the ways to ensure some code will be executed in UI's thread when
the HandleMessge is invoked by the plaftorm in your UI thread. What
this means is that you can put your UI thread code in the
HandleMessage method in your case.