I had a Substratum theme which got removed because of a download feature
which let the user to update some apps like whatsapp and youtube before the
staged rollout. That feature downloaded directly the apk from apkmirror,
and I didn't know it wasn't legit.
It has been banned for "Malicious Behavior", which included this case.

I uploaded the theme again without that feature, but a solution to update
the apps easily would be still needed.

Now the question is:* is it legit to put a link to a download page of
apkmirror? *
There wouldn't be a direct download anymore, only a linking to an apkmirror
page, where the user will be able to download and then update the app.

Thanks in advance.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-developers/82fbe93a-9d3a-47a0-84f7-73f204d4bbd9%40googlegroups.com.