We all know what its like - everything works perfect on the dev's
phone, but once you roll something out, user's complain about the
dreaded force close!!

Sometimes its just on one or two phones, but wouldn't it be good if we
could get some kind of stack trace to see whats really going on?

Obviously we can't speak to our users in person or play with their
phones, so we need some way of getting error diagnostics off their
phone and onto the dev's computer.

I was thinking along the lines of apps having a generic exception
handler which could store the stack trace and then maybe upload to a
web server so that the dev can take a look - anyone achieved something
like this?

Maybe the SDK should (or already does?) support something like this -
I think it will benefit developers and users enormously!!

Alex