On Mar 5, 11:11 am, Chronos <g358279012044...@gmail.com> wrote:
> @Tseng: I can't find this method - are you talking about class
> Activity ?
Yes, the final() method is belongs to the activity class and you can
override it and put your code there.

That's how i did it in my activity class:

@Override
public void finish() {
        if(bSuccessfullySaved)
                // Notify the caller Activity that the user successfully
                // edited or inserted the data set
                setResult(Activity.RESULT_OK);
        else
                // Notify the caller Activity that the user has canceled the
activity
                // without altering anything
                setResult(Activity.RESULT_CANCELED);
        super.finish();
}

It was necessary to do it this way. First I tried to do it in the
button listeners (calling setResult before finish()), but i
encountered one problem: If a user pressed the "back" button on their
Android phone, it didn't worked, because he hasn't hit the button. The
more i was thinking the more i noticed it would become really
complicated (you'd had to catch all possibilities which could lead to
a user to exit/finalize the activity and could lead to hardly
maintainable/readable code (and easily cause errors/bugs when you
forgot to catch all events)

I then tried to send in onPause or onDestroyed (dunno anymore), but
this didn't worked to (as Dianne explained it). While testing i
realized that it could be set before the finish(); call. So i had the
idea to override the final() method, because finish() is called
everytime the activity is closed.

This worked very well for me ad at the same time it catched all
possibile ways on which the application could be closed.