I just hope that this time the release date for the official SDK will
be BEFORE the update hits the masses. Not like it was with the 1.1SDK
- it was released way after 1.1 was released to end-users (the
argument from Google was something in the lines of "Hey, this is a
small release with no mayor changes so don't whine that you get it so
late"). Maybe I'm the only one who thinks that this is ridiculous..
One of the reasons why we don't have the official 1.5 (or cupcake or
however it will be officially called) SDK is that "It's not stable
enough" - fair enough but I really hope that you guys @ Google will
release it as soon as the code is stable enough (eg the code is tested
and ready to be released to the operators). That would give us a week
(maybe more) before the operators push it to the end-users.

And don't come with the "you can build your own SDK from the
opensource tree if you want" - the last releases didn't come from the
opensource tree so even if I wanted, i couldn't build the SDK based on
the code that's shipped to the end-users. And even if this release
will actually come from the public tree, you can't expect all app
developers to build their own SDK, can you? We need an official SDK -
and we need it as soon as the tree is stable enough (and way before
it's pushed to the carriers/end-users)

Tauno