On Mar 27, 5:10 pm, mark.ka...@gmail.com wrote:
>    This is a common problem when using the BimapFactory.decode, there
> is a bug or memory leak. We've had lengthy discussions about this in
> turning down the sample size can mitigate, but not eliminate this
> problem.

I use BitmapFactory a lot for all sizes of bitmaps (e.g. 2 mega
pixels) and I am not aware of any problems with it. I remember a
similar discussion here where Romain wrote he's sure it's not
BitmapFactory bug. So I am curious about this issue.

Btw, I think if you rotate a 1MP image, I would not be surprised if it
takes more than 10M of memory. The internal bitmap during rotation
might be bigger (> 2MP), especially at 45 degrees.

If 16 bits per pixel is OK in terms of quality: they just need half
the memory.

Markus

--
http://greenrobot.de