I have a service running, under which i have declared  observer class
for to notify any changes in contact list
when my contact list is saved I found the onChange is executed 3
times .I could not figure out the reason.
Any suggestions? where i went wrong

here is my code

public class LocalService extends Service {
MyObserver myob;

       class MyObserver extends ContentObserver {
          public MyObserver( Handler h ) {
                super( h );
               }
        public void onChange(boolean selfChange) {
                Log.d( getClass().getSimpleName(), "IN ONCHANGE  -- UpDates have
been noted " );

          }
   }

 public void onCreate() {
     registerContentObservers();
}

 private void registerContentObservers() {
                ContentResolver cr = getContentResolver();
                 myob = new MyObserver(handler_object);
                cr.registerContentObserver
( Contacts.People.CONTENT_URI, true,myob );
}
}
Thanks