On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 9:43 AM, DaRolla
<netzprofi.ma...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I need to know how to add the parameter "--core-library" to Eclipse,
> especially to DEX.
>
> I managed to work around with activitycreator and ant scripts
> (build.xml), but this way it takes too long.
>
> Where can I configure this?

As far as I know, it is not currently configurable.

Given that you posted this to android-developers, I assume you are
trying to develop an application and are not working on the platform
code per se. If so, then "--core-library" is almost certainly *not*
what you want to do. This aspect of dx is written to protect app
developers from inadvertently introducing platform incompatibilities
which will cause their apps to fail to operate. In particular, dx
rejects the definition of classes in namespaces which are already used
by classes in the standard boot classpath or are likely to be defined
in future incarnations of the platform.

Maybe if you can be a bit more specific about what you're actually
trying to accomplish, someone here can provide you a suitable
alternative.

To save the curious some trouble, here's the error message Marco got:

    Attempt to include a core VM class in something other than a core
library.
    It is likely that you have attempted to include the core library
from a desktop
    virtual machine into an application, which will most assuredly not
work. If
    you really intend to build a core library -- which is only
appropriate as
    part of creating a full virtual machine binary, as opposed to
compiling an
    application -- then use the "--core-library" option to suppress
this error
    message. If you go ahead and use "--core-library" but are in fact
building
    an application, then please be aware that your build will still
fail at some
    point; you will simply be denied the pleasure of reading this
helpful error
    message.

Maybe it needs some further wordsmithing.

-dan