I don't have an answer :-(

but for a time my sdcard refuse to mount rw, so all the RSS apps that I run
which need to write into sdcard will fail to start.

However, the sdcard can be happily written into by Windows (via USB). This
is the first instance that I ever observe that Windows is superior to Linux!

I tried full reset of the phone (clean wipe internal storage) and still the
sdcard cannot be mounted RW.

Following some internet posts, I deleted a bunch of thumbnail files and
other stuff (forgot exactly what) from Windows, and bam, Linux can mount the
sdcard RW!

So this leads me to believe that the Linux mounter gets chocked by certain
files on the sdcard ..... which may be Mariano's problem ....

Is this some sort of FAT conspiracy?