On Apr 16, 6:47 am, Jeff Sharkey <jshar...@android.com> wrote:
> The major reason for this is we don't have a good way of identifying
> how that text should be sent back across a PendingIntent.  To solve
> this from the framework side, one approach would to add the text to
> the extras bundle with the R.id of the EditText as the key, and using
> Intent.fillIn() when sending the PendingIntent.  But then we run into
> issues when there is a button that should also trigger an action: do
> we bundle any+all EditText values with that intent as well?

Thanks for the reply, Jeff.

I rather like the approach you described. It reminds me of an HTML
form: I'm thinking that perhaps there could be a RemoteViews method
called something like setOnClickSubmission(int, PendingIntent) that
would designate a view as a "submit" button, and then when that is
clicked it gathers up all the state from the others views in the
RemoteViews layout (EditTexts, Checkables, RadioGroups) and puts that
into the Intent.

--
Jon