Progressive streaming using HTTP is well-supported.

RTSP support isn't great yet, but it will get better with the 1.5
release (Cupcake), which fixes the 302 redirect problem. There may be
some issues with RTSP and H.264 - we found some issues with the
hardware codec late in the test cycle that we're too risky to fix. H.
263 and MPEG4-SP should work pretty well.

The caveat with RTSP is that carriers may block the streams.