From: android-developers@googlegroups.com
[mailto:android-develop...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of nEx.Software
Sent: 24 April 2009 20:01
To: Android Developers
Subject: [android-developers] Re: Android v. 1.5 = FAIL #2: Directly
Manipulating Settings

So, if I understand this all correctly... Those of us who have paid for an
app to toggle settings for us, specifically - Power Manager (which, by the
way, is currently the 2nd most popular Paid Application), have thrown away
our money since we will be prompted to allow changes for some of the
settings every time the application wants to change them? Man, I am glad
this app was only $0.99, otherwise I'd be really ticked off. Not to mention
that I will not be able to conserve battery life as well as I do now,
meaning that this effort to help users conserve battery life actually hurts
me (and 10,000 - 50,000 other users who have purchased Power Manager).