If any assumption has to be made, the JPEG data is likely to be in
sRGB colorspace, which is most widely used, especially for online
viewing.

Usually, if an RGB file (JPEG/PNG/TIFF) is read without ICC data, sRGB
is assumed.

I doubt the quality of G1's camera is good enough to warrant adobeRGB
or a colorspace with even a wider gamut.

But, you never know for future phones: I hope that future phones, that
do embed colorspace info, will do so by automatically embedding the
correct colorspace or colorprofile in the JPEG data (the byte[]).