Hi everyone,

I am developing a prototype application which features basic
navigation (updating of own location on the map) and displays live
traffic events as traffic sign icons on the map. The traffic events
will be fetched from a server over a UDP connection. (I haven't
implemented this as I don't have the traffic message specs yet).

The idea is to display traffic events in real-time and also delete
them when they have expired. I figured out that what I need for this
is one or more ItemizedOverlays with dynamic items. I found this post,

http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers/browse_thread/thread/818ed0c29de35376/7f9dd604317958c4?lnk=gst&q=updating+own+location+overlay#7f9dd604317958c4

which seems to be similar to my application. So the circular process
is:
1. fetch traffic data from server
2. populate an ItemizedOverlay object containing traffic events
3. update the map accordingy when the items in the overlay have
changed

Apparently in the MapView (or Map Activity?) I need some sort of a
listener for changes in the ItemizedOverlay object. What is the best
practice for doing this?

Thanks, Lex