I always configure the UI of my mobile phones with english. But I
write sms in French, German, English & Spanish. Android does not seem
to offer the possibility to quickly change the input language of the
keyboard. It looks like UI language both determines keyboard layout
and input language, which is EXTREMELY inconvenient for someone using
several languages on a daily basis.

Does it exist a workaround, an external app or a feature I oversaw to
solve this MAJOR drawback?
Thanks for the help