Hi, if you are talking about having a larger SurfaceView inside of a
ScrollView, it is really not intended to be used that way: you should
effectively think of SurfaceView as an overlay you embed inside your window,
giving you an area in which you can directly draw independently of the
normal view update system.

So once you start using a SurfaceView, you are moving yourself into a world
where you have a blank area of pixels, and you are on your own to draw them
how you want.  It can be faster, but it also takes more effort.  If this is
really what you want, you will need to make the SurfaceView the size of the
visible area on screen and implement the scrolling yourself inside of the
surface view as you render.  Alternatively, just create an off-screen bitmap
and have it drawn by a normal ImageView (which can be sized to the entire
size of the bitmap and placed in a scroll view).

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer

answer them.