>Hello !
>
>Iwas developping an app which need to open serversocket.
>
>But, when i open one on poet 80, this throw a BindException :/ iven
>with the INTERNET permission.
>Open on other port work (ex: 8080).
>
>Does this mean android not allow me to use this socket ?
>
>Thank in advance :) !
>
>PS: be cool, my inglish is bad ^^ !

at least in regular Unix and its variants, port numbers less than
1024 are reserved for system services and can only be bound by the
superuser or su'd processes. this is to prevent regular users
masquerading and harvesting passwords etc.

the relevance to phones can be debated, but it seems that for the
moment at least, system ports are off limits for regular Android
applications.

(correct me if i'm wrong, 'droiders, obviously.)

--
jason.software.particle