Dianne/anyone,

i would like to elaborate on the shared jar's memory model.
my understanding is that:

  a. the code (read only) segment of the shared jar resides in common
     memory => code will be loaded once regardless of the number of
apps
     using the shared jar
  b. the data (read/write) segment of the shared jar is part of the
calling
     process'es address space => all static data (blocks, constructors
etc.)
     will be initialized _separately_ for each app using the shared
jar

are my assumptions correct?

GiladH