Hello,

I have recently purchased an HTC Hero (UK model) phone, and would like
to transition all my development work to it from the G1. However, I
cannot get the Hero to be recognized by 'adb' in OS X (new-ish iMac).
Using both the 1.5-r3 sdk adb, and building a copy of android from
git, nothing seems to make the Hero device show up.

After sending a mail to HTC, it appears I got an answer from someone
who doesn't really know much about android: "Additionally, I had a
look on our developer site, http://developer.htc.com/, and was unable
to find information on Hero development. With these being the case, it
does not appear that the Hero was designed to be used for
development.", So this leaves me in a hard position---it seems to be a
software issue (drivers? adb itself?) which is preventing me from
testing apps on the device.

Any help is greatly appreciated,
cheers.

leo