Hi Dianne,

this is what I did, and it didn't work:

  WindowManager.LayoutParams lp = new WindowManager.LayoutParams();
  lp.width = WindowManager.LayoutParams.FILL_PARENT;
  lp.height = WindowManager.LayoutParams.FILL_PARENT;
  getWindow().setAttributes(lp);

that has no effect whatsoever (I called it in onCreate(), tried
calling it before and after the super.onCreate(), but no luck).

What I do now is implement a custom LinearLayout for the activity
where I override onMeasure() and set the width and height to the
screen width and height. But that's incorrect of course, because that
size is larger than the actual canvas (it doesn't account for menu and
toolbars).

Can you help me out here? Why is there no simple way to fix a dialog's
size?

Cheers,
Matthias