The problem with a non-development phone (or a locked one) is that the
carriers demand such unreasonable terms, like two year contracts and
all. In my area, T-Mobile is available but doesn't work in my home.
The 3-g here for T-Mobile is slower than dial-up and is only available
in a tiny fraction of the local area as well. ATT has better service,
the ION I have only has the Edge network but it works far better than
T-Mobile.

If I was forced to go with T-M, I would have a rotten experience, a
long contract and two phone numbers. My ION works with ATT without a
contract, I pay only $15 a month for a data plan and am quite happy
with the service.

You can still buy an ION off eBay, although they are getting way too
expensive.

-John Coryat

"What Zip Code?"
"Radar Now!"