Hi Lee,

Thanks for the information.

As my widget has progressed, I now have full caching for JPEG files as
I'm no longer reading from a local source and it's working fine. I'm
also loading a Bitmap rather than setting a Uri to them. Perhaps
there's some issue with using the resource ID in a RemoteViews object?
Such as, perhaps when it tries to reload the image on a rotate, the
resource is no longer accessible by the remote process the RemoteViews
is being loaded in? In one case, it might be reusing the Bitmap object
but in the other, just trying to load the resource ID. In your case,
you've set the file to be globally accessible, so that should be
available to any process.

Anyway, that's the only thing I can think of. That doesn't explain why
it works the first time, though.