Hi There,

I am not sure, if this is the correct platform to talk about it, however I
would like to know something about 'How Android supports the large screen
display'.

I mean here that suppose I want to port the Android SDK to a large portable
device having a large display as compared to HTC G1 mobile screen, what all
the OS modules (e.g surface manager, kernel: display driver etc) I need to
look upon/modify.

I guess what I am asking here is not a new subject as I can already see by
below links that the Android OS is ported for large screen devices.

1. http://www.icpdas-usa.com/vp_23a1.html

Specifications & Additional Information

Models VP-23A1 VP-25A1

System Software

OS Android 1.5

SDK Provided Standard ViewPAC SDK for Windows and Linux by GNU C language

CPU Module

CPU PXA270 or compatible (32-bit and 520 MHz)

SRAM 128 MB

2. ARCHOS 5 Internet tablet shown on
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/archos-brings-the-android-platform-to-a-large-screen-internet-tablet-with-the-new-archos-5-2009-09-15and
on
http://www.archos.com/products/imt/index.html?country=in&lang=en as.

Let me know your opinion about it, any kind of clue will be appreciated.

Regards,

Anand