How can I force an activity to close when user presses Home button or
navigates out of the activity?

Do I get a callback when focus goes out of the activity? I cannot see
that in the Activity callback methods.

My intention is to make sure that my activity is refreshed each time
user starts the activity and lose all state.

How can I start my Notification View (view after clicking on
notification) to start in a new task instead of connecting to the
existing task of my application (if it is open). For example if user
clicks on notification from homescreen, I want the view to go back to
main screen or whatever the user was doing before that when the
Notification Window is closed.