Hi All,

I'm wondering if there's any universal remote-ware for consumer
electronics/home automation being developed in the Android ecosystem?

Does anyone know of anything under way or a related Linux project that
could be re-adapted for Android?

If you look at the attached "rough" diagram I'm hoping to devise
something that's a central controller for consumer electronics & home
automation. I want a hand-held to interface with it, this hand-held
would ideally have IR integrated, but it's not imperative as Wifi
would be used mostly.

So far the best solution I've found is this:
http://openremote.org/display/HOME/OpenRemote

You don't have to use their reference hardware but something low
power/profile like it would be ideal. It's critical one has JRE + Apache
Tomcat installed/configured properly, & I'd run them on top of Mythbuntu
or maybe LinuxMCE.

I was also thinking of integrating the entire thing into my HTPC/PVR!
But I'm not sure yet, it might be better to have a dedicated machine.
This controller would be able to send/receive via; Internet, wifi,
Ethernet, IR, X10, proprietary RF, & other CE/HA related protocols.

I'm hoping to make do with my axim x50v as the hand-held, but porting to
android is slow moving so I may eventually have to move to a better
supported device (preferably with IR but not essential).

I'm interested in other peoples ideas, have you tried something similar?
Have you played with a platform that's better (in your opinion) than
openremote?
Or perhaps you feel there's a better hware/sware/topology combo for the
hand-held or controller/s?

Cheers
Jed

ÿþMiscellaneous --------Internet--------