Hello,

I am very new beginner, and I am designing a small application as
below.

- After a user starts the application, he/she can click the start
button to start a background task. (e.g. retrieving the news headlines
periodically, then do something...)

- Even after the user quits the application, the background task still
running.

- To stop the background task, the user needs to run the application
again, and clicks the stop button to stop the background task.

In the above scenario, what API should I use ? (Local Service
Binding ? Remote Service Binding ? Handler ?)

Please help me. Thank you very much.