Hi,

I am new to Android development, so I hope I am not missing something
obvious.

I have created an AppWidget with an associated configuration activity.
I did this like
described here:

http://developer.android.com/guide/samples/ApiDemos/src/com/example/android/apis/appwidget/ExampleAppWidgetConfigure.html

My problems are:

1) The widget gets created and displayed when I am compiling it
without the configuration activity.
    When the configuration activity is launched and back is pressed,
the widget is not created/displayed.
    The widget updating and result-setting is done in onStop() of the
configuration activity. Could that be
    the problem ?

2) The configuration activity has two sub-activities. When the
configuration activity is started by the launcher,
    the back key takes me back from the sub-activity to the main
activity. When it is launched due to widget
    creation, the back key takes me from the sub-activity to the
homescreen. Why is that ?
    The funny things is that the widget gets created and displayed
when going back from the sub-activity.

Thanks for your help,

Matthias.