hi Dianne,

Thanks for the reply. One small clarification.

>From your response I understand the following:
If the activity instance was created in a task for which it did not
have an affinity and lets assume that this task goes in the
background. After some time when the task comes back in the
foreground, the activity would have been pushed out of the task (as it
had a different affinity).
In this case where will it reside if it has been pushed out ? would it
reside in a new task created specifically to hold the pushed out task?

or you meant the following:

it would still remain in the task in which it was created (even though
the affinity is not the same as that of the task). It would be pushed
out of the task ONLY if the task goes in the background AND
simultaneously there exists another task which has the same affinity
as the activity being pushed out of task.

Thanks
Amitkeerti