Okay, I got a solution for my problem.
Hope this will help others with the same problem.

Thanks to Misun Ryu:

Someone replied the post that the solution was found.
I have not tried it but guess it is worth to try it before re-
installing eclipse.

hide details Aug 18

I have had the same problem.

The logcat view crashes after I inserted a filter containing a ":" in
the filtername.
I solved the problem by changing the settings in the file
".metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime/.settings/
com.android.ide.eclipse.ddms.prefs" placed in the workspace of
eclipse.
com.android.ide.eclipse.ddms.logcat.filters= was the key of the fault
setting.