Not necessary.
I found a tricky way to keep an app. After you installed an app and
tested it, and you liked it, before submitting ratings, go to "My
Downloads" in market app. Then click on an app you are testing, you
will be redirected to this app's market page, with ratings and
comments and all that usual stuff. After that you click home button,
and you are now at the home screen, while the market is still in
memory opened on the page you wanted. Right after that you go to ADC2
app and rate the app you reviewing. The application will be
uninstalled, however if you open market immediatly, before android
system decides to kill it for some reason, you will see that app's
page and button "install" will appear. And after you install it this
way, it will be on your phone as long as you wish.

Regard,
Alexander Kazanin.
http://sites.google.com/site/piggybanksoftwarehomepage