Dianne - we have a couple of problems on the CLIQ.

In both cases, the APIs are technically working correctly, but the
resulting user experience is unfortunate, so these may not be exactly
what you are asking for. But, in case you are interested:

(1) The CLIQ has a lot of contact data (from facebook and so on) that
is not visible through the Contact APIs. From our user's point of
view, that results in contacts who simply do not appear in our UI or
in contacts with phone numbers that we can't see. They see that
experience as broken.

We have no workaround for that, apart from hoping that that the CLIQ
moves rapidly to 2.0.

(2) The CLIQ has no LED colour control, so our LED-colour
configuration UI appears broken to our users. The docs do say that LED
colour support is optional, but without an API to query for colour
support we can't take the UI away automatically.

We're fixing that with a special-case CLIQ detector, but that is
obviously not a good solution in a amrket with a lot of new phones
appearing.

Thanks,

Richard