Hi Richard,
thank you for your response.

I do increase version code.

I just wasn't sure if there was some extra ties to the Market.

So, what you are saying is that if I install a.apk which is not on the
Market and then later a.apk will be uploaded to the market I still get
the updates?

Also, what happens when I purchase the application, later decide to
uninstall it (not return it) and later yet I decide that I want it
back. Will Market give it to me for free?

Thanks.